Saturday, November 27, 2010

my retail therapy





 



whenever i lose sense of what is "cool", i go to project no.8 at ace hotel. i examine very carefully each piece and try to absorb as much information as possible, while i am there. it's like therapy to me. or maybe more like, taking shower in the morning. i go into the store, browse through,  get brown away by its elements and details of selections, display and mood, and by the time  leave the store, i feel like i am a completely new person, with  a completely new perspective towards what is "cool". same thing happens, when i visit partners&spade. i love new york so much because of these two stores. i adore them so much. they sort of guide me through visualizing and constructing what my personal design and style aesthetic is. knowing that is very important to me especially for my business, since i am alway required to have a strong and unique approach in choosing designers and artists that i work with, and the way i promote these talents. and project their image. so i am always thankful for their generosity of sharing their awesomely cool sense of style and design aesthetic with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment