Friday, December 24, 2010

I am Curating Mike Perry's Show in Japan!


i am very excited to announce that i am hosting an art show for mike perry in japan. i can't thank Mr. Teshima,  CEO of  Teshima Co., Ltd.  enough for giving me this amazing opportunity. Also, I would like to thank Keiichiro-kun, from Belles Fleurs  for directing this show with me. Both of them are very very talented and creative and it has been such a pleasure to working with them. Every second I spend time with them is valuable to me. I have learned so much from them!

And last but not least.... I would like to thank Mike (http://www.mikeperrystudio.com) for letting me take my first step to introduce his artworks in Japan. He is such an inspirational person and has encouraged me to do anything I can and just keep trying and taking actions. This art show definitely represents my take on that. 


When I came up with this idea, I seriously didn't think that I can really do it. But now that I look back, I am so glad that I took the first step to pitch the idea to Mike and Mr. Teshima. 


We all have to start from somewhere. We all have to try, make mistakes, and try again to get the hang of anything in this world. I am not ashamed to admit that this is my first show to organize and know nothing about perfecting art shows like this. Every process is new to me. 

But I am appreciating every moment, enjoying every step and feel so fortunate to be able to experience this whole journey with these amazingly talented guys!

We have less than a month to finish up the prep. Can't wait to see how the show turn out!!!!
I will keep posting pics of our preping process! So stay tuned!


Press Release is here >>>>>


Please visit my website for more info >>>>>



Title:
IF THIS WERE A DREAM I WOULD BE LAYING DOWN

Date: 1/14/2011 - 1/23/2010
Time: 7:00PM - 11:00PM (Sundays 10:00AM - 7:00PM)










IF THIS WERE A DREAM I WOULD BE LAYING DOWN is an unique exhibition of selected works by New-York-based artist, Mike Perry. Perry’s works will be exhibited at the lobby ofTeshima Ryokan(Ajisu, JAPAN) from January 14 to January 23, 2011. Interestingly, this exhibition is scheduled to be opened for public only at nighttime from 7:00pm to 11:00pm (on Sundays, 10:00AM to 7:00PM). This exhibition is curated by Misako Otani, the owner of re:store souvenir and directed by Hideki Teshima CEO of Teshima Co.. Ltd. Keiichiro Fujii from Belles Fleurs (Yamaguchi, JAPAN) has also joined to co-direct the show. It is the first show exhibiting full-range of Mike Perry's works in Japan. Perry’s original works, prints as well as books and zines will be showcased in dreamy and nightly setting offered by Teshima Ryokan. Hoping to offer unconventional experience of enjoying art to the visitors, Otani skipped the regular root of using art gallery and chose the lobby of Teshima Ryokan to introduce Perry’s unique works of art.http://www.restorenymg.com/restoresouvenir/news/news.html

No comments:

Post a Comment